1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Plane stolen, crashes near SeaTac Airport

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by I Should Coco, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Yeah, I don't think taking off and flying are the hard parts .... landing would be tricky but that wasn't really a concern for this guy ...

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

ha! Let's hope he doesn't take us all down with him! (a little thread humor)

Vombatus likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This article says the guy was financially stressed because after several years he was till not making $15 per hour:
    Remains of airline worker who stole, crashed plane found on island in Puget Sound - NY Daily News

Seriously? My kid was working a summer job as a utility/maintenance guy's helper (where my wife works) and he got $15/hr. My boy is 16 and in HS! Damn people are getting screwed all over. There has to be a fundamental change in workers' living conditions. Step one, people need to stop rooting for the king (owners/rich titans).

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And it isn't like Washington is a "right to work" state. But I do know the major airlines have expanded their reliance on the "feeder" airlines like Horizon, United Express, Delta Connect and American Eagle that pay far less, and likely aren't unionized.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Its almost like the NCAA allegory, "the Muslims are going to have to pay for the crimes by the American citizens!!" [Sorry for prior inflammatory description]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Where the hell did you come up with the idea that guy was a white supremacist?

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Fixed. Apologies to the misidentified and inflammatory description.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I never made $15 an hour at a newspaper job.

12. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted