1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Plan ahead if you want a Starbucks fix tomorrow

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cougargirl, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

KK donuts rule.
    DD coffee rules.

A board member is responsible for one of my favorite KK stories. We were going to the same game, from different directions, so he detoured to pick up my kid who lived closer to him and we did the dropoff at a KK way outside Pittsburgh. While waiting, the manager there kept treating me to hot donuts as they rolled off the belt. Many, many of them. Gave me some hats, too.
    And I wonder why I weigh so much?

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So has anyone had "the perfect drink" this morning, or did all those folks get instantly raptured?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say the David Allen Coe lyrics were the greatest near threadjack of all time.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Damn right. Great work, people.

5. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Retraining staff? Super.

Perhaps they can retain the staff at my local Starbucks joint to refrain from the same exchange I have with them every...fucking...time:

KAYLEE: Hi, it's me, that one guy who's been coming in a bare minimum of five days a week for the past two years and always orders a tall house blend, black.

BARRISTA: Okay...that's a tall house black?

KAYLEE: Yes.

BARRISTA: [I. Swear. To. GOD.] Want any cream and sugar with that?

KAYLEE: No

BARRISTA: And what can I get you from the pastry counter?

KAYLEE: Nothing.

BARRISTA: We have fresh baked banana bread!

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

DD coffee is amazing.

They do a decent toasted bagel as well.

The last time I had some I was drunk, and if I do remember correctly, it was the day my mom got out of prison.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I had a DD coffee in Saginaw back in November. Not Tims, but I was very impressed. Solid double chocolate donut action too.

I don't know if KK has any outlets up here any more after they got their ass handed to them by Tims.

As for Starbucks, this guy's got it spot on:

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Three hour shutdown to make three small changes?

http://valleywag.com/361607/whats-new-at-starbucks-3-changes

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

Our city's planning board just approved a Tim's.
    It's across the street from a DD.
    COFFEE WAR!!!!
    I hate our DD, the coffee always tastes burned and the staff makes the Beverly Hillbillies look like Nobel scholars.
    Tim's is going to get a lot of business from me -- unless they hire the workers from DD.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Today's triple venti caramel macchiato didn't taste appreciably different than yesterday's. Here's what I know: the girl in the picture at that page? I'd hit it like it got a D on its math test.

11. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

I wonder if that includes Starbucks in Barnes and Noble?

12. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Not a coffee guy, but a HUGE donuts guy (and I don't mean that literally, much to the dismay of some.)

That being said, I'm not sure I'll ever fork out $1.20 for a donut Satan cooks himself. I can buy 'em at Dunkin' for 79 cents - or a dozen Freihoffer's for $3.

Draft saved Draft deleted