1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Plagiarism runs rampant at Texas alt weekly

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Clerk Typist, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Considering how short he was on the phone with the guy from Salon, I think that's a lock. But isn't it amazing how long it took for someone to connect even a couple of dots?

2. dargan

dargan Active Member

Wow. That's a lot of plagiarism.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Abbie Hoffman doesn't see what the big deal is.

4. chazp

chazp Active Member

I hope they get sued. This is major BS!

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Cheers to the Parrothead who started this ball rolling.

6. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

When asked about the plagiarism, Williams confessed, saying, "Some people say that there's a woman to blame, but I know it's my own damn fault."

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Bulletin has 404'd its home page, but you can look around the directory structure.

http://www.thebulletin.com/

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The Bulletin may be the cost-effective blueprint for daily papers if we keep shedding staffers.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

What's the big deal?
    This is exactly what websites and BLOGS! are doing to newspaper content, yet if you point that out, you get shouted down by the web nerds.
    I say three cheers to the fine folks in Texas. Just following the internet model, but just with a print edition.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It is?

Please expound.

11. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

Big difference between linking stuff in a blog and stealing liberally from stories under your own byline. Does this mean I'm a web nerd now?

12. jps

jps Active Member

yikes. least the folks didn't pay for someone else's stuff, huh? though I would think that a few phone calls to the folks that fill up the advertising might wanna hear about this ... that'd shut the shop doors real quick if a fair number of them bailed.

Draft saved Draft deleted