1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Place at the Table! 'The Program' alert.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Yes!
    The Program is on ESPN Classic right now!
    The greatest early 1990s movie about college football to star James Caan, Halie Berry and Omar Epps is on .. Right. Now.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

The edited version of a shitty R-rated movie?

Worst. Movie Alert Thread. Ever.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Once again proving some people are in even more desperate need of a sense of humor than I am.

Editing out the language doesn't hurt this one too much. Not a great movie, but not a bad one, either. I love the trash talk all the way through.

4. You sir, have no appreciation for the Finer things in life.
    Nor hot-ass Hallie Berry!

5. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I'm unfamiliar with Hallie Berry, but Halle Berry is hot as balls. Just not in this movie.

Ditch the weave, Halle. You're better than that.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I just can't see the fat guy from ER as a guard. But I do want to headbutt some car windows, just for shits and giggles.

7. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

Not even any good nekkid scenes in that movie, IIRC.

8. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

There's no amount of booze that can make this movie look good. All I remember thinking when I saw it was "Sonny Corleone's career has come to this?"

9. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Kill the quarterback. Hit the tight end so hard his girlfriend dies. Kill everybody.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"The greatest early 1990s movie about college football to star James Caan, Halie Berry and Omar Epps is on .. Right. Now."

Best scene in that movie is when they show the linebacker slacking and struggling with his studies, yet able to identify and diagnose defensive adjustments within seconds during film study.

And no love for Craig Sheffer?

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Insult the Iowa guard's mother, let him break my leg, then fade into bolivian.

Draft saved Draft deleted