1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pizza toppings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedCanuck, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't understand people who say they can go anywhere and get pizza as good as what is available in New York, Philly or NJ. That's like saying eating at Taco Bell is as good any Mexican food. There's a clear quality difference.

I've been to a handful of places in San Francisco that are good. The rest of the country is a pizza wasteland.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Is this one of those posts where you're being purposely obtuse?

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Normally pepperoni and sausage, maybe with onions, are my favorites, but Hideaway Pizza here in Oklahoma has two pizzas I'll always go for -- the Big Country (pepperoni, Canadian bacon, polish sausage, hamburger) and the Mob Boss (Italian sausage, pepperoni, Genoa salami, smoked bacon, diced red onion, black olives, minced garlic, and a parmesan-herb blend). I love those.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I slept on the pineapple-ham pizza for the longest time. Now, I can't imagine life without it. Lunch can't get here soon enough.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

This made me laugh because once in college, a Chicago friend and I went to lunch on campus. I got a hot dog. I put ketchup on it. He seriously was pissed. "You don't put ketchup on hot dogs!"

As for pizza, I like the greasy toppings. And while I can't stand crap like pineapple or taco "pizza," I did try a buffalo chicken pizza at Cici's once. Wasn't half bad.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What else could it be?

7. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

I miss Hideaway. Nothing beats the original in Stillwater, but we used to go to the one in Edmond pretty regularly.

8. wheateater

wheateater Member

I'd like to add to the Hideaway love. While I think The Boz (pepperoni, sausage, peppers, onions, jalapenos, bacon, cheddar and mozzarella cheese) is their best, I had the BBQ chicken this weekend and it was pretty damn good.

9. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

If you are a ham and pineapple guy or gal, I challenge you just once to go with the pineapple, bacon and jalapeno just once. The sweet, salty and heat are an amazing combo.

But what do I know? I must have reach 460 pounds at my worst by not being in love with good food.

10. Canuck Pappy

Canuck Pappy Member

Just a quick note about Monday night. Had to jump to news because they were short-staffed. Publisher ordered in pizza from Boston Pizza. Wasn't too bad.
    For the news side it was by far the busiest night of the year. For someone used to sports it was just another night.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand the question.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Why do they call it the Boz? Is it overrated? Flashy, but with no substance? Hopped up on roids? Does it disappear faster than his NFL career?

Draft saved Draft deleted