1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pizza toppings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedCanuck, Oct 25, 2010.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

But when do you stop calling something a pizza? You take away "gravy" and cheese, all you have in common is the crust.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Exactly, Devil.

May as well have a taco shell.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

One of my best friends is a native New Yorker and when we were on the same beat, he took me around New York and said, OK, you have to have the bagels here, and you have to have the Pizza here. The bagel place he took me to was incredible. But the pizza was just OK. Good, but not significantly better than anything I can get back home.

Of course, I've been accused of doing the same thing with burritos when people would visit me in California.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. 93Devil

New York bagels are the best, and it is not even close.

It's like a huge Jewish conspiracy that they all agree not to make a decent one outside of the NYC area.

"Morty, don't you dare use sea salt in a bagel outside of the five boroughs."

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Actually, it's the water.

You can't make a decent bagel or a decent pizza crust without NYC water.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I must admit that I do like Chicago Style pizza better than any other and Lou Malnati's is probably the best pizza place I've ever been to.

7. 93Devil

That's what they say, but I think that is horseshit.

8. I love pizza with chicken, green peppers, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and pineapple.

9. Mira

Mira Member

Arugula and Prosciutto

10. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

Any combination of black olives, mushrooms and onions.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I tried Prosciutto on a pizza once and wanted to like it, but the flavor of the meat got lost in the sauce.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Give me just a plain and simple pepperoni pie from Shakespeare's, and I'm a happy man.

Other than that, meat and onions. Maybe green peppers. Olives and mushrooms are for picking off and throwing at the nearest family member... much like banana Runts.

Draft saved Draft deleted