1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pizza Hut is dead, long live The Hut

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 19, 2009.

1. you're a trenton guy, right?

tell 'em about pizza in the 'Burg

2. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Maybe Salacious Crumb will make deliveries.

3. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

No arguing that any of them are good. But ...

1a. Papa John's
    1b. Pizza Hut
    42. Domino's
    43. Little Caesar's
    62. Hungry Howie's

I never eat chain pizza if it's my choice, but the office has a discount from Domino's, so election/big event nights suck. And I have no problem with Da Hut serving pasta. Had it once and it wasn't horrible. It's just an extension of their Italian roots, right? But you'd have to pay me to eat a P'zone.

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

To each his own. I like Pizza Hut pizza, grew up with it and have never found a chain pizza that's anywhere close to it. The pasta is so-so, but the cinnamon sticks are absolutely addictive. Sure, home-made pizza is better, and so are the upscale pizzeria-style pizzas. But for mass-produced, chain-style pizza, PH is light years better than the competition, IMO. The so-called name change sucks, however.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

You can use Domino's to hammer in tent stakes.

Fuck that place.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wasn't that a Buster Poindexter song?

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Why would you apologize for not minding Pizza Pizza? Pizza Pizza is great. :)

Old joke that requires a familiarity with the iconic Pizza Pizza jingles - why can't Newfies call Pizza Pizza? They can't find "11" on their phones. :D

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I grew up in Trenton. I was 20 years old before I knew that a pizza crust could be more than 1/8-inch thick and didn't have to feel like I was biting into a brick.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Pizza-Pizza is vile. Was in Toronto two-and-a-half years ago and me and my buddies drunkingly ordered it along with their wings. The wings were good, the pizza not so much. I don't think we get it out west.

10. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Speaking of wings, now THAT is something Da Hut, Domino's et. al. should NOT be doing. I would not eat them if they were free.

Well, maybe. But I don't think I'd like them.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Pizza Hut isn't bad. Not great, not my first choice, but if it's there, I'll eat it. Little Caesar's or Dominos on the other hand ...

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Not that its pizza was ever any good, but I seem to recall Pizza Huts serving not only pizza, but also beer. You know, back when they had sit-down restaurants instead of carry-out only.

If you drank enough beer, you thought Pizza Hut tasted good!

Personally, I'd take a frozen pizza and a pot of Prince thin spaghetti over anything that comes out of "the Hut."

Draft saved Draft deleted