1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pizza Hut is dead, long live The Hut

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 19, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There has been a string of bad advertising moves in the fast food industry this year: Burger King selling kids meals to the tune of "I like Big Butts", Jack in the Box changing their logo (I still don't understand why "Jack" was in the hospital), and now this.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Because you don't win an account from another ad agency by promising to do more of the same, and also because you don't get seen as a hard-charging manager for that reason.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Is the Hut's logo still going to have that stupid hat/roof?

4. Sp0rtScribe

Sp0rtScribe Member

I, for one, love Pizza Hut pizza, though Dominos is a close second.

But I completely abhor the change, however.

5. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Pizza Hut has a damn fine lunch buffet. That thing is dining gold.

The name-change seems pointless, but everything like this seems pointless to me. I'm pretty much convinced half of our current problems stem from the fact that companies have been paying marketing schmoos to come up with idiocy like this for the past twenty years.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Is it ironic that a Papa John's ad is atop the second page of this thread?

Seconded. During summers in college, my friends and I would roll out of bed around 11 and meet at the Hut (we were calling it that in 1993, go fuck yourself stupid marketing fucks!) and inhale the buffet. We'd feel like shit the rest of the day, but goddamnit, it was worth it.

I love the Hut. Won't argue it's fine food, but it's the greatest fucking guilty pleasure on this Earth. That the board's biggest drain hates it (not referring to JR, anyone who likes Pizza Pizza is A-OK by me!) only confirms how good it is.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The original Hut -- the most notable landmark on Wichita State's campus -- weeps.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I went to pick up a pizza from Pizza Hut a few years ago, and was using one of those "Two topping pizza for $10" coupons. My two toppings were mushrooms and onions. I was charged full price, even after talking to the manager, because they insisted that cheese counted as one of my two toppings.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This story is incomplete without vandalism at the end.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was so flabbergasted at their stupidity that I didn't know what to do and just paid up. I was hungry, wanted pizza and didn't want to wait the hour it would take to call some other place, drive there and then drive home.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

During football season, the chain will be known as The Hut-Hut-Hut..

try the veal, etc.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted