1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pizza Hut is dead, long live The Hut

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 19, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

As someone else said, their frozen pizzas are fantastic. Tons of topping choices, too. No pan necessary. Throw that bad boy right on the oven rack.

Edit: Just noticed there's one in Virginia Beach, where the wife and I will celebrate our 2nd anniversary in a couple weeks. Nice.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think there is one at Short Pump outside of Richmond.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You know what crappy pizza I can't believe is still around? Noble Roman's.

It's the official pizza/snack shop of my local bowling alley.

4. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

In addition to screwing up their sauce, Papa John's also screwed the pooch by deciding to put the pepperoni on top of the cheese instead of between the sauce and the cheese like the used to. The pepperoni baking right in the sauce just gave it a little bit of a kick that it's lacking now.

I'm sure if I asked for it, they would still do it, but I'm very leery of getting cute with my orders on food for fear of what they might do to it.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

http://www.biggreenegg.com/

Make your own pizza using the Big Green Egg. Won't ever order pizza out again.

6. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I could eat nothing but Pizza Hut breadsticks and be a very happy, fat man. Their pizza, though, is not that good. If Papa Johns could make breadsticks that weren't rock hard pieces of shit, I'd have no reason to ever to go to a 'Hut' again.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

The Cheesesticks at Papa Johns are great.

8. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

YES.

9. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Pizza Hut to keep "pizza" in its name
    Pizza Hut won't drop the "pizza" from its name, the chain said. "We just started using [The Hut] more and more in our marketing. And with text and mobile ordering, it's just easier to type in 'The Hut.' From there, we went for a cleaner, more contemporary look to put on our pizza boxes, but there is no name change. [The Hut] is never a stand-alone marketing technique," a spokesman for the brand said.

http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/news/pizza_to_remain_part_of_the_hut_119577.asp

10. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Any of you from north of the Mason-Dixon line (and that is being wildly generous) should refrain from any comments about what food tastes good.

Thank you.

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Any adult who would make any sort of broad regional-based generalization like that deserves to be told to STFU.
    Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted