1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pittsburgh's mayor makes a fool of himself (yet again)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Jan 14, 2009.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

And you forgot one of the most embarrasing episodes of all -- when he snuck on the course at Oakmont before the U.S. Open , stole an American Express t-shirt so he blended in with the volunteers and did so he could get his photo taken with Tiger Woods -- after Tiger and his people politely declined when his PR staff asked them if the mayor could meet with him and whatnot.

That is ridiculous -- and creepy.

He also had the episode where city cops carted him out of a tailgate party before a Steelers game because he was acting like a drunk asshole.

"Hey I'm 27, I want to do what 27 year-olds do, if I want to hang it in bars, I will....."

And this whole thing is silly considering he went down to fill out the paperwork -- got a rah rah photo op out of it -- then didn't do it because he found out it would require a background check.

Like I said, he is an embarassment.

2. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Okay, I actually thought it was clever.......but I'm a PR stunt kinda gal.

And, it was a radio station that went on the air and said he should do it. So he did it.

Like it or not, agree with it or not, my guess is that it'll get picked up nationally and if he has any aspirations other than being the Mayor, then more power to him.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

He may the one politician on this planet dumber and more clueless than George W. Bush -- though it is close, I must admit.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm sure if the Ravens win, this guy will have to change his name permanently -- or risk losing the next mayoral election in a landslide.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Doc, all mayors think that they are wannabe Governors, and Governors think they are wannabe Senators.

The B-more mayor is just as stupid as this goofy fuck in Pittsburgh. Anything else, oh wise one?

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Dude's a tool.

This is almost as bad as people who name their children after popular celebrities only to have their kid suffer years later because said celebrity is no longer considered fit to be a role model.

"Hi, my name is Michael Jackson Carter."

or

"Why yes, my dad did name me after O.J. Simpson"

7. Notepad

Notepad Member

He's not doing it permanently (or legally, for that matter). It is a fucking PR thing. Lighten up.
    The Governor of Pennsylvania has a damn Eagles radio show. So who is the fanboi?

8. markvid

markvid Guest

I think Ed's a moron, too. It's just too bad the Republicans ran the worst possible candidate against him last time.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Lighten up? When have I written anything not entirely tongue-in-cheek? I applaud the guy for being original. I just think he's a tool.

Probably has more to do with my utter hatred of the Steelers than anything else.

10. That may be an answer to someone's post. But it certainly had nothing to do with mine.

11. Baltimoreguy

Baltimoreguy Member

Mayor of Pittsburgh is a Raven, and Mayor of Baltimore is a stealer

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Well played.

Draft saved Draft deleted