1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pittsburgh's mayor dies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dude, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Hey! I'll have you know I turned 27 a week ago! These 26-year-old whippersnappers today just aren't the same types of men we were at that age.

;)

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Wow, a 26-year-old. Between his efforts and Yarone Zober's (the deputy mayor), I really hope this fellow makes it a point for Pittsburgh to appeal to 20- and 30-somethings.

But as far as Mayor O'Connor. I knew it was bad a few days ago when there were reports of him suffering seizures. RIP.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

1) RIP. Keep Pounding.

2) I can only hope this gets the kind of blanket coverage that Ben Rothlisberger's motorcycle accident got.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Wasn't there another Pittsburgh mayor who died relatively young and in office? I seem to remember the Pirates wearing memorial patches on their sleeves one year.

5. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Richard Caligiuri. That was back in the late 80s.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wasn't he out of office by the time he died? Also, I think it was the 90s.

7. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Caliguiri

According to Wikipedia (Don't shoot me), Caliguiri was in office when he died at age 56 on May 6, 1988.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm 40 and those are still my major concerns. That and still trying to figure out the exact time and place when life passed me by.

Draft saved Draft deleted