1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, copy editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Notepad

Notepad Member

Gorman talented enough to move on????? Puh-leeeeese!

Who said that? Him.
    He really does love himself.

2. jadzia

jadzia New Member

As far as sports people who've moved on to better things, one sports writer who used to work there now writes for the Dallas Morning News.
    I'm not sure whether any of the other sports people have moved on to something better. A few on the news side have ended up at some pretty decent papers, but that was several years ago. Most of the people who work here seem to be tied to the area (their spouse works in Pittsburgh, or they were born and raised in the area, etc.) so there are a lot of people who will work there for a long time simply because they don't have any interest in relocating to another city.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow, you really are bitter, aren't you?

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That's what I'm readin' here, oop.

5. outofplace

Don't get me wrong. I know people with legitimate issues with the Trib. But some of this is really getting ridiculous.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Junebug hasn't stopped by with his anti-Kevin Smith screed. Yet.

7. outofplace

Haven't seen him post in a long time, and that's with two recent threads about job openings there.

8. WordMP

WordMP New Member

A couple of the sports copy editors/designers have moved on to bigger places: Butch Maier worked at the Akron Beacon Journal, Boston Globe, St. Pete Times, before landing on the copy desk at the Plain Dealer. Ron Ledgard left to go to the Akron Beacon Journal and now is the deputy sports editor there.

9. jadzia

jadzia New Member

True, but technically they were employed by the Greensburg Tribune-Review (at the time the two papers were almost completely separate) so they were never really on the radar of the managers in Pittsburgh, which was good for them because they got to do their own thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted