1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, copy editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by playthrough, Dec 19, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Lock coming in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ...

2. And your previous post wasn't?

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah. I read the entire column. It was nothing but a smarmy hatchet job on myriad Democrats in Pennsylvania. Of course you wouldn't have a problem with it.

4. And I'm sure you'd have a big problem with it if it was perceived to be a hatchet job the other way.

Simple solution. Don't read it, and don't work there if you don't like it.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I would, actually, if only for the tone. Same reason I loathe Jay Mariotti. But, Jeebus, at least make an attempt to appear balanced. They couldn't have thrown a token GOPer under the bus?

6. Well, I guess anybody who loathes Jay can't be all bad.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

...and with that, let's return to discussing the Trib-Review's shady hiring practices open position.

8. Notepad

Notepad Member

The Trib employs John Harris and Mike Prisuta as columnists and Scott Brown as a Steelers beat writer.
    That's all you need to know.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Cue Russ Grimm comment in 3...2....oh wait, I already made it, didn't I?

I'm not sure that really clears things up, Notepad, other than to point out that you don't like those three. I'm sure a lot of people know Prisuta's name from the Grimm thing, but are the other two that well known?

10. joe

joe Active Member

Got an e-mail a year or so ago from this place (resume was on JJobs.com) telling me there was a copy editing/design opening. Said if I wanted more info, contact them.
    So I did.
    Then I got a nasty e-mail back from the dude who contacted me, telling me I should be selling myself to him, telling him why I should get this job. WTF? I mean, get a clue, dude, you contacted me, not the other way around.
    So I forwarded his e-mail to the EE and the HR person and said something along the lines of, if this is the way you treat potential employees, good luck filling that position.

As has been said before, steer clear.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And yet, somebody will sell themselves, will get the job and the paycheck, and might even be happy there.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Maybe, but $25k in Pittsburgh ain't buying a lot of Yuengling (or IC Light, for that matter).

Draft saved Draft deleted