1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pittsburgh Trib-Review, Steelers Beat Writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Claws for Concern, Jul 18, 2006.

1. sportsgrrl

sportsgrrl New Member

Scott is from Western Pa. (we went to the same high school) and this is probably a great homecoming gig for him!

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It's Pube. He doesn't write for any newspaper. Or work at one. Or a magazine. Or in TV. Or radio.

3. Running Bear

Running Bear Member

Good for Scott.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Congrats, Scott.

As a Steeler fan, I look forward to reading your stuff.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Try and Catch Me.... brilliant one there.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Just saying... the link couldn't have been to something less indicative of why he is making this big move up.

7. floridasun

floridasun Member

Scott did many things at Florida Today. His main beats were baseball and golf (hence the small-college golf notebook), but he was also the staff's main enterprise/takeout writer. He wrote on a little bit of everything -- from colleges to NFL to high schools. I believe he's had other opportunities to leave before, this turned out to be the right one.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Good for him.

9. danny_whitten

danny_whitten Member

That's what the Trib was looking for -- an enterprise writer. They've given up on trying to break news.
    Remember this when you're bashing this guy for doing features on why QBs wear green bonnets instead of red shirts in practice. The directive is coming from up top. They don't think they can compete with the Post-Gazette.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, they can't right now... it would take a long time for a new beat guy on the Steelers to come anywhere close to Ed Bouchette. But to give up trying? I guess I can see the logic. Not sure it's a decision I'd ever make, though.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Congrats, Scott. We'll be checking out your game story in today's paper.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't think he's there yet. Mike Prisuta wrote the gamer in today's paper. At least I think it's the gamer. Hard to tell on that lousy website.

Draft saved Draft deleted