1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pittsburgh Steelers beat reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Marvin, Feb 17, 2015.

1. NHMafia

NHMafia Member

An offer has been made and I believe the candidate has accepted. An announcement hasn't been made here yet so I'm not going to give a name until it's official.

2. NHMafia

NHMafia Member

We haven't gotten a memo, but it's in his Twitter bio so I'm guessing it's official. The winner is Jacob Klinger (@Jacob_Klinger_). Jacob is a senior at Syracuse and got great reviews while interning here last summer. PM me if you want more details.

3. Tyler B

Tyler B New Member

Would PennLive consider doing this for the Eagles? Philadelphia fans love non-traditional coverage, and someone that's creative with story ideas would absolutely thrive.

4. NHMafia

NHMafia Member

I was told no. Management originally pitched the beat reporter position for Philly, but the sports department convinced management that a reporter in Pittsburgh would work better with our readers.

But for what it's worth, I was told a few months ago that having an NFL beat reporter at PennLive would never happen. So there's that.

Draft saved Draft deleted