1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pittsburgh Steelers all-time team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, Oct 25, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

If you could be guaranteed that all of the games would be played in the rain......you'd have to put Jack "the hydroplane" Deloplaine on there ahead of any running backs.....

And if you counted just playoff games -- you might have to consider Merrill Hoge!

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Can't say I'd put Hoge up there with Johnson, Hoal or Bleier, but he was a very good back for a while there. He was one of the last true running fullbacks. Can anybody think of a true fullback who led an NFL team in rushing since Hoge did it for the Steelers in 1991?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Mike Alstott

4. outofplace

Forgot about him. I think I was just trying to block out the ridiculous sound effects Chris Berman liked to make when he did an Alstott highlight.

5. Taylee

Taylee Member

You mean the original Slash right? Mark Malone.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Wrong team, guys.

OJ played with the Bills, and later with the 49ers.

7. outofplace

Not quite. Mark Malone had one career reception, a 90-yard touchdown pass from Terry Bradshaw in 1980.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Kirkland would have been Super Bowl XXX MVP if that game goes the other way. He dominated that day.

9. outofplace

Has 93Devil ever even posted a poll. It's Mayfly who has the thing for polls.

Actually, has 93Devil even found this thread yet?

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

93 posted that long-ass poll about which sporting events you wished you could have covered, but in general, it doesn't seem to be his thing, and it's PhilaYank with the hard-on for polls.

11. outofplace

Oh yeah. Forgot about that one, SC.

This thread has been such a target for the thread police, I begin to wonder if all the complaints are just blurring together.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The Younglings kinda blend together sometimes too.

Draft saved Draft deleted