1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pittsburgh Maulers or Priesty Molesters.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 15, 2018.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I was in catholic grade school in the suburbs of Pittsburgh when Bevilacqua was given the promotion to Philadelphia. They talked about him in religion class like he was a rock star.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

"Some are too old to prosecute."

Fuck that. Drag their sorry bones out of whatever assisted living center or retirement home they're in and throw them in the darkest cell in the Pennsylvania penal system if they're guilty.

3. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

What were they doing with their sorry bones back in the day?

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just when you think it can't get any worse.....man I feel for the victims who from what I've seen (from devout Catholics) are so trusting in God (if you believe) and the church hierarchy.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, it's always been this bad, we just didn't know how bad.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Not a Catholic, but you separate out the 2,000-year-old religion from the individuals running it. It's as simple as that. I mean, there's been a whole lot of bad shit from Christianity in the past couple millennia, but there are still plenty of devout Christians.

It's a black eye for sure, but you can still be in your individual church bubble.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I was raised Catholic. I left shortly after high school and will never, ever go back.

And I will never let my kids within a mile of a Catholic Church or school, if I can help it.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That makes sense. It just struck me as part of the potential collateral damage in all this.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Cock star

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Amen.

11. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

This was a statewide grand jury investigation. It impacted every corner of the state.

And yet the Catholic Church is still trying to fight it. Some of the names were still redacted, a couple bishops have spun this as occurring decades ago (not true), and more insanity.

Throw'em all in jail, including those who helped cover these cases up.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

English, dammit!

Draft saved Draft deleted