1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pittsburgh, I am in need of suggestions.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pastor, May 6, 2008.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It looks like I'll be heading out west for a trip into Pittsburgh. I was there once, years ago, and it was hailing. Everything was closed.

I'm looking for suggestions on things to do while the wife and I are out there.

I've tried looking around the internet for suggestions but I felt as though the information fell a bit short.

Anything that the great folks of SportsJournalists.com can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Depends on what part of town you will be staying..downtown?

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

You mean dahntahn?

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

PNC is one of the best ballparks I've been to. You'll have to put up with the Pirates, but it's probably worth it to see a game there.

There's also really creepy strip club a mile or two away where a cracked out/inbred scantily clad female serves beer out of a keg in the basement and you think it's possible you might not return from your beer run and might instead end up the subject of a horror film.

Pittsburgh, ladies and gents!

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Pastor, I'll post a link about Pittsburgh for you later. I have it on my email at home. Though you may want to reconsider taking the trip after you see it.

If you haven't been there, make sure you go to PNC Park. Not only is it a beautiful ballpark, it is relatively easy to go to a game there in terms of buying tickets, parking and traffic.

Edit: Bigpern beat me to the PNC Park recommendation.

I'm guessing he is talking about the two strip clubs in McKees Rocks, but since the wife is coming along, I'm assuming that type of entertainment wasn't on the agenda. Best to stay out of that area anyway.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I bet your wife would like the Garden Cafe at Heinz Hall on a nice spring day. Elegant courtyard, nice menu, good people watching. I killed a couple hours there last summer before heading across the bridge to the ballpark.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Don't go.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Don't go if you don't want to experience one of America's most distinct cities.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hater. :)

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

When are you going? The Pirates won't be playing if you're going in October.

11. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Yes, because I'm sure Cleveland would be so much lovelier on the one day a year it doesn't snow.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

At least mine was just a general statement. Yours was idiotic.

Draft saved Draft deleted