1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pittsburgh area fitness center massacre

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was me. He definitely sounded more like he had racial issues as well as his hatred for women.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

For you to make that judgement and politicize this situation is simply sick. Yes ... let's admit it...all 46 million people or whatever who voted for John McCain last year are all ticking time bombs waiting to go off.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I would have had a lot more respect for the shooter if he did it because people weren't re-racking their weights or doing curls in the squat rack.
    ;)

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

So you're saying anyone who voted for McCain is a right-wing wacko? Because that's not what No One Likes Us said. At all. But then again, reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it?

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You agreed with him, BYH. You agreed that someone who didn't like Obama was a right-wing wacko.

So....what WAS he saying? I don't like Obama. I guess when I go to the gym tonight, people should just expect to be shot up?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Umm...no. He was saying that yet another person who lights up a public place has been revealed to be a right-wing wacko. Right-wing wackos tend to say stupid shit like the shit this guy said. Not all people who dislike Obama are right-wing wackos.

I can think of one on this page, though, who is a right-wing wacko, and it ain't you.

7. imjustagirl

A lot of people say stupid shit. This guy hated women, he hated himself, and he hated (by my opinion) black people. Nowhere in there is there anything "right-wing wacko."

To say right-wing wackos say stupid shit and this guy said stupid shit, therefore he's a right-wing wacko is insane. Like a goddamn liberal would say. :D

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Just one question for you -- did he choke or was he outcoached?

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The implication was that any nut job who goes off with a gun is probably going to be a "right-wing wacko."

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Care to provide evidence to the contrary?

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Here ya go, BYH, make a snarky comment or two about this. Should be worth some laughs for the board.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/02/us/02recruit.html

12. imjustagirl

Also, I suppose every person who has ever gone "postal" at work were all Republicans too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.