1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pittsburgh area fitness center massacre

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I think his blog also mentioned some complaints about religious right-wing women, too.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It sounded more to me like he was a racist than anything else, but I see where you are coming from. I don't see politics as a big issue here, but I guess it comes up in everything.

As for that last bit, from your lips to G-d's ear.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

His blog said he had a net worth of $250K. 20 years without pussy? Should have flown out to the Bunny Ranch.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I just read that blog - for pete's sake, talk about a guys who needed to get laid...

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yes, I can definitely see where ranting about religious assholes would lead one to believe he was a "right-wing wacko.'

I hate people on here sometimes.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The guy seemed to be a 48-year-old with the emotional maturity of a 15 or 16-year-old.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It would be an incredibly difficult professionally - and gut-wrenching personally - but a story looking at what happens to the parents/family of people who do this would be a very powerful read.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed, probably even moreso than stories on the parents/families of the victims.

There was a lunatic who went around Pittsburgh shooting minorities from a hitlist he had compiled a few years back. The first person he shot was a woman who had lived next door to his parents all his life (the guy was in his 40s, I think). How the hell do you deal with that as the man's parents? What do you do when you see the husband or their daughter?

It's funny. I had never thought of that part of it before now. Was too busy hating the shooter (the first victim's sister is a family friend).

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Really, this is a very serious and disturbing subject on this thread and I respect that and don't want to make light of it --- but I must admit this post has me almost in tears I am laughing so hard.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

C'mon now. The snark regarding Obama and the liberal media was very apparent in his first blog post. He also sneaks in a dig at the "Obama economy" on July 20.

Yes, he's a religious hater, but I don't see where that has anything to do with his political viewpoint.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Because if he had praised religion but not mentioned Obama, he also would have been a "right-wing wacko."

I'm with someone else. He sounded more racist than anything else. Hence always talking about "white females" or something. I mean, it's disturbing on every level. But to cheapen it with "ANOTHER right-wing wacko" is disingenuous at best.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

No, not in my book. Some of the most hardcore right wingers I know don't care for God a lick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.