1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pittsburgh area fitness center massacre

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NoOneLikesUs, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If a Shaker (I cannot remember the religon) classroom full of girls in the middle of the day in Central Pennsylvania is not safe or a classroom at Virginia Tech then no where is safe.

You just have to pray that you or your loved ones are not there when a person goes crazy WITH. A. GUN.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

I hate to say this but some a-hole is out there thinking about doing the same thing and will attempt it.

3. 93Devil

There is one within 50 miles of each of us. I am sure of that. The difference is them actually doing it.

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Heard on the radio this a.m. the nut case fired over 50 rounds. Apparently, it's fortunate he was a poor shot or more might have died.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not unexpectedly ...<blockquote>BRIDGEVILLE, Pa. – A man who sprayed bullets into a fitness class filled with women, killing three and then himself, apparently kept a Web page in which he wrote about years of rejection by women and an earlier plan for violence at the gym in which he said he "chickened out."

Neighbors described 48-year-old George Sodini as anti-social, and the Web page in his name showcased a resume setting forth his credentials as an unhappy loner. It listed his date of death — Aug. 4, 2009 — and his status of "Never married." The page ended with the words "Death Lives!"</blockquote>http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090805/ap_on_re_us/us_health_club_shooting_33

6. 93Devil

Homeland Security has some explaining to do.

Shouldn't the Patriot Act (which I am not in favor of) given someone the ability to spot this?

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

This guy wrote some creepy shit.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_health_club_shooting_writings

Yet how anyone is supposed to see that and somehow intervene before a mass shooting, I have no idea.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

What pisses people off is that they do shit like this and then put themselves in a permanent type nod, not leaving anyone a chance to get back at them for what they did. Cowardly indeed.

9. 93Devil

The other AP Story made it sound like if you read his website that what he would do was pretty obvious.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

http://georgesodini.com/20090804.htm

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Site already taken down to public, by the way.

Sick, sick fuck.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Well, that didnt take long. Glad I got to read it when I did. From what I gathered he blames his older brother for bullying him. He had issues with religion and hadn't had a girlfriend since 1982.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.