1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pitt Job Opening Again?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I suspect Pitt has seen some evidence (i.e., police report) that goes a little beyond "he said-she said."

2. True, I was thinking that as well....ugly situation...hope he really gets his shit together

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I don't know the guy and I wasn't blown away when Pitt hired him. But to ditch a guy before he has even had his day in court would seem to put a school on shaky ground.

What if the charges are dropped? What if he is acquitted?

I don't know what happened; I wasn't there. But doesn't the guy deserve a fair trial?

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'm betting the contract wasn't signed. And it doesn't matter if he's not convicted. There isn't a Constitutional right to keep your job if you're arrested.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Anyone can be arrested for anything. Arrest alone does not equal guilt. If he's not found guilty, would have a pretty decent case for a wrongful termination suit.

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

The arrest brings "shame" upon the university. The arrest will make it very hard for him to recruit, to convince Mama that her son should play for him. The arrest I'm certain violates the "character" part of any agreement or contract.

No wrongful termination here.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"How the hell you get fired on your day off?"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

RichRod

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Whoa, Pitt. Maybe she was being a bitch.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The bitch set me up

11. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My line in the sand is arrested, and he was arrested.

Draft saved Draft deleted