1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pitino says he's the target of extortion attempt

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OnTheRiver, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I guess his standing reservation at Poppy's is canceled, between the abortion and the fact he'd treat a restaurant like that.

The story is hilarious and sad. Here's some:

Abbott interviewed Pitino at U of L on July 12, with his attorney, Steve Pence, present.

Pitino told Abbott he was at Porcini Restaurant, 2730 Frankfort Ave., on Aug. 1, 2003, to celebrate the hiring of former NBA star Reggie Theus as an assistant coach, and that Tatum, the aide, attended as designated driver. The records don't indicate that Theus was there.

Pitino told Abbott that Sypher (then Karen Cunagin) walked up to him early in the evening and asked if he would call one of her sons and encourage him regarding sports and school, which Pitino said he did, on a cell phone.

Pitino said Sypher left the restaurant and returned at about closing time. He said that after the restaurant closed and the last employees and owner Tim Coury had left, Sypher “started coming on to him and that they had sex,” according to Abbott's report. Pitino said he learned later that Tatum was still there.
    Advertisement

Tatum told the FBI that he had lain down and couldn't see what happened but that he heard what sounded like consensual sex, Abbott wrote in a report.

Pitino told Abbott that he had had too much alcohol to drive and eventually got a ride home from Sypher, whom he said was “driving him crazy” on the way there, asking for basketball tickets. He said he gave her his business card and told her to call about them.

He said that about two weeks later, Sypher called, telling him she was pregnant and he had to be the father because she hadn't had sex with anybody else for months.

Pitino said he told her they should meet somewhere discreetly to discuss the matter. He said he suggested the condo of the team's strength coach, Tim Sypher, whom she'd not yet met, but later married. She met Tim Sypher and followed him to the condo.

2. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Yeah Rick's a freak, he likes the girls with the boom, he once got busy in a Porcini bathroom

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Wow. If this were a movie, it went from The Fan to Fast Times At Ridgemont High/Last American Virgin in no time flat.

I've eaten at Porcini, even took the future Mrs. Bubbler there for a birthday and/or anniversary dinner there.

Nice place, but I'll never go there again since they failed to inform me about the "you can pork your significant other" policy.

4. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

I laughed out loud.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No no no no no. NO porking of significant others.

Just porking of NON-significant others.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Absolutely right IJAG!

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I just told a friend I would give ANYTHING to still live in Kentucky right now. To watch that state nearly literally go up in flames as people wake up to this news? i can not WAIT.

MUAAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

This story just took an interesting -- yet predictable -- twist.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

He's sick with this. Straight gangsta mack.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Rick Pitino is not coming through that back door.

11. maybe he IS cumming through that door!!!!!

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted