1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pitino says he's the target of extortion attempt

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OnTheRiver, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I hear you, pseudo.

I wish absolutely no ill will toward Rick Pitino, and we can all learn from mistakes and things we shouldn't have said or should have merely kept to ourselves.

But TSP fires off ignorant posts with alarmingly regularity, and thinks he's going to take a shot at me for causing a thread's downfall. Uh, no - just what has he done to show he can stand on a soapbox and lecture ANYONE here?

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

That was one weird post.

How is the extortion attempt a "minor" element of the story? It IS the story.

Whether Pitino is an "amazing and underrated coach" is completely irrelevant to this story. And btw, how do you figure he's underrated?

3. Sam Mills 51

Sorry, Buck-Dub, but no. I got it. It doesn't make TSP clever. It makes him petty, like the schoolyard chump that feels the urge to bully someone else after having his face shoved in the dirt by someone else.

If TSP really wants to resolve his little issues, he can have at it with Chris_L. Don't take it out on others. He's in no position to preach to me - period.

4. Sam Mills 51

Then he should take it up with Chris_L, and stop screwing up other threads to make his point. Bad enough it poisoned one thread. Crapping on another won't help drive his point home.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yea, Sam. Settle down. I just happened to use your post b/c it was there. Didn't even look at who wrote it and didn't evens really care what it said. I'd say you gave up your sense of humor for Lent, if it were still Lent, or if you had one to give up. (Now you can yell at me for making fun of you.)

6. Sam Mills 51

I'm not religious, therefore I couldn't care less.

Take up your cause with Chris_L on the thread on which it originated. Trying to start up crap on another thread because you think you have some point is pointless to others.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'll try not to bfeak any more threads containing a bunch of one-liners about the subject.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Please, everyone, let's stay on topic and have a Happy Rick Pitino Is Being Extorted Day.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Oh, that made me giggle.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

$10 says he had an affair with a student and the extorter has pictures.

Either that or somebody found his Dorian Grayesque portrait in a closet :D

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Take it to PMs and have a happy Kentucky Is Being Invaded By Northeasterners Day.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Rick Pitino committed grand larceny while running The Celtics.

Draft saved Draft deleted