1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pitbull Rapes Child

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Published: July 09, 2007 11:34 pm

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/local/local_story_190233439.html

LOCKPORT: Police investigating pit bull attack on toddler

Family dog reportedly assaulted 2-year-old
    By April Amadon/amadona@gnnewspaper.com
    Niagara Gazette

Lockport police are investigating an apparent attack by a pit bull on a small boy.

The 2-year-old is recovering at Women and Children’s Hospital in Buffalo after police say he was attacked and sexually assaulted by his family’s pit bull.

Police said the toddler was in his home on Washburn Street about 2 p.m. when the pit bull attacked. According to police, the dog sodomized the boy.

“The dog sexually attacked the kid and caused some pretty significant injuries,” said Lockport Police Detective Capt. Larry Eggert.

Eggert said the boy’s family members and neighbors had to beat the dog to get it off the boy.

The dog has been impounded at the Niagara County SPCA as the investigation continues. Eggert said a veterinarian will be brought in to take DNA samples from the dog.

“(The vet will) compare DNA taken from the boy to kind of verify it happened,” Eggert said, later adding, “I have never, ever heard of an assault quite like that.”

Niagara County SPCA Executive Director Al Chille agreed the case is an unusual one.

“The majority of the calls we receive with regards to pit bulls are bite calls, not calls of this nature,” he said. “We get a considerably large number of those (bite calls) from all over the county.”

The dog was a 2-year-old pit bull that had been with the family since it was a puppy, Eggert said. Sunday’s incident was the first time the family had any problems with the dog being aggressive or biting, he said.

The boy underwent surgery on Sunday night and may need more reconstructive surgery in the future, Eggert said.

Chille said pit bulls are notorious for being aggressive, though that may not be true of all pit bulls. In his 27 years working with the SPCA, he said he’s seen many dog breeds become feared in society — including spaniels, German shepherds and rottweilers.

“Each one of the dogs had its day,” he said.

The problem is not with the breed itself, Chille said, but rather the manner in which the dog is raised. A pit bull raised in a loving atmosphere “could be a fine dog,” he said.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

You're good, H.A. Gotta give you that. :)

3. XXXX

XXXX Member

Michael Vick... oh nevermind

4. boots

boots New Member

This has me speechless. Hopefully the child will recover. He's 2 and in time may forget this horrible incident. My prayers are to him and his family.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is horrible.

But how long was a 2-year-old alone with a pit bull so that this could happen?

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I am this close to vomiting.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Charge the "parents" with neglect and incarcerate them.

8. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Hands down, the worst story I have ever heard.

Can't imagine anything worse. Hell, couldn't even imagine this.

Poor kid.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

not just surgery, reconstructive surgery... the "parents" need to burn for putting their kid through this by leaving him with that animal.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I don't think Starman justice would be correct for this situation.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I wonder if the parents will, or even should, tell the child when he's older. How many of us remember what happened to us when we were 2? It might be better if he's allowed forget the incident ever happened.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised. I still remember that my Uncle Craig drove a blue and white "smokey and the Bandit" Pontiac Firebird when I was two. I also remember bits and pieces of the day my dad died of a heart attack when I was five, including my last image of him. And that was 25 years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.