1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pit Bull Problem

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Jul 14, 2007.

1. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

The form looks something like this...
    Have your neighbors sign one, too...

http://ochealthinfo.com/docs/regulatory/acs/F042-12.2297_Barking_Dog.pdf

2. KG

KG Active Member

I'd do it even for my dog, hence the threat I made to my local animal control to shoot the one that was in my back yard. Not to say I wouldn't feel bad for it, but if any dog comes after me, my future kids or even my dog (who is my "kid" now) I will take them down.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Get pit bulls bigger than theirs. Release the hounds.

4. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

For lack of specifics, that's how my dog was killed when I was 14. My neighbors did it. Why? Because their fourth daughter, 5 at the time, beat my dog with a stick in my backyard and it bit her, and because their fifth daughter, also 5 years later, tried to ride my dog around my backyard and it bit her. At least six other kids with me when both incidents happened vouching for us, and when they tried to sue for damages, they were laughed out of court. So they fed it chlorine in my mother's garden.

Don't ever, ever, ever do this to anyone, ESPECIALLY if you are in the wrong. It's not fair.

(Not saying anyone here is ... just gets me worked up, that's all.)

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Pit bulls are illegal in Ontario and whether you agree with it or not, many of the owners are responsible for the ban because of mouth-breathers like your next door neighbours.

I'd get a pit bull lawyer.

Don't you have an SPCA in your city?

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

To address a few people, I'm renting this place. So there won't be a fence unless the landlord puts one up, and that's not likely. Of course, that doesn't fix the noise problem.

The dogs have now been barking nonstop for more than two hours. I called animal control's 24-hour hotline, which basically means that I called the fire department dispatcher, who said all I could do about a barking dog would be to wait until Monday and file a complaint at city hall. Then there's a long drawn-out process, which probably means that it will never be resolved.

Per the deputy's comments, it's clear that these dogs were trained for one thing. I assume he means that they're trained to kill. My lease is up at the end of December, and we're planning to begin the home-buying process somewhere around September or October.

This city is a shithole, which I've noted before. They had to send a sheriff's deputy because they don't have their own police force despite having almost 90,000 residents. And the deputies are scared shitless of the people who live here. I can't blame them for that. The deputy's exact words were: "Welcome to Deltona." I told the guy that a neighbor across the street is clearly a drug dealer who has visitors in the dozens every day. He didn't even blink. He just walked away as if I'd never said it.

I guess I'll just have to bite my lip for the next several months and take solace in knowing that I'll move to a nice neighborhood in a nice city in a few months.

By the way, I'm not above poisoning these dogs. The problem, though, is that I'm actually so scared at the moment that I don't think I could close enough to feed them.

Here is what happened recently in another part of this city. Note that this pit bull was allowed in the house and even slept with its owners. The dogs in my neighborhood aren't ever allowed inside.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/volusia/orl-pitbull3007jun30,0,4416487.story

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Then there's the Boom method of dealing with barking neighbor dogs: open window in the middle of the night, and holler 'SHUT UP!' repeatedly until the rest of the neighborhood is sufficiently engaged in the situation. An airhorn might work as well.

Call Animal Control....as many times as you need to. Please don't poison the dogs...they're just doing their job.

8. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I just read that some owners feed their dogs cocaine to keep them on edge. I'd bet a fortune the people who live in that house know a lot about cocaine.

9. I'm talking out of my ass a little about the poison. I feel lousy killing bugs that sneak in the house, even the black widow spiders that keep popping up around my front porch - probably wouldn't even kill 'em if they weren't potentially fatal to my child.

So killing a dog really isn't up my alley, but God help 'em and their owners if they ever wandered into my yard.

10. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

This really does suck!

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

May I recommend a solution:

[​IMG]

12. A thighmaster?

Draft saved Draft deleted