1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pistons owner to sell to Ilitch?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Oct 5, 2010.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The Tigers, Wings and Pistons by the same guy with shitty pizza...

No link yet, Freep's got a bulletin up with no copy...

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

http://www.freep.com/article/20101005/SPORTS03/101005025/1321/Pistons-tap-Ilitch-to-buy-the-team-

3. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Hey, we live on five-buck pizza at our shop. It's considered official betting currency.

If this goes through, it will be a good move for all involved. Pistons stay put in metro Detroit, and Ilitch gets a place to put the Red Wings for awhile if he can't get an arena built downtown to replace the 30-year-old Joe.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Heard rumours about this on the weekend.

Ilitch family will have team in the next three weeks. Will look to build downtown arena for everything.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Not good for my god damn taxes. No way does Ilitch use his own money to build his new super arena for the Wings/Pistons.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Awesome, of course the municipalities of southeastern Michigan just have $400-$500 million of free tax money sitting around to build a brand-new state of the art arena for a billionaire. (More accurately, his darling children, since Ilitch is 81.)

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

This guy has all the leads on free government money.

[​IMG]

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Is he wearing a suit with question marks on it?

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

You haven't heard of Matthew Lesko? This isn't his only question mark suit.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Didn't realize Ilitch was that old.

11. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

He's got a family line of succession in place - something very good for someone that old.

Like Mustang, I would be very opposed to my tax dollars being used for a new Wings/Pistons stadium, though the idea of bringing the Pistons back downtown is interesting. If the new stadium is built, all three venues/four teams will be within walking distance of each other. Still, The Palace is in great shape and the Joe isn't that old (hey, I was in high school when it hosted the 1980 Republican convention).

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That just means you're old, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted