1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pissed off coaches

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 3, 2006.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

coaches own you, don't they?

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

bracing for what?

is he going to bend you over his knee? is he going to arrest you? tell you there ain't no santa?

jesus man, he's a high-fucking school coach. tell him to blow you and that he's lucky you don't give him a white dragon in the process.

4. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

A white dragon? Wow. I thought I knew all the gross-sounding pseudo-sexual terms...

5. Stupid

Stupid Member

Petty must be a desk guy.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

and a great moment in SportsJournalists.com history makes a return appearance.

7. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

I would have called the athletic director on Monday.

Coaches are supposed to be role models and if he swore at you in a public place, the AD should know.

No help from the AD, call the principal?

We have been down this road a number of times.

And besides, assistant coaches have no business talking to the press anyway.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm gonna guess i spent a helluva lot more time in the field than you have before i became an se.

i could be wrong.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Tried that route but the AD was of no help. It was the coach's word against mine and the AD believed the coach. Oh fucking well. In a week, I'm done with this city.

And TomPetty, thanks for the comments.

10. Stupid

Stupid Member

I'm going to guess
    I'm gonna guess that you just play a tough guy on the internet.

I doubt I'm wrong.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

in real life, it's usually just spineless little bastards who lose sleep worrying about those types of things.

12. Stupid

Stupid Member

That wouldn't be me. I'm not the typical desk dweeb who hides behind an internet persona.

On the other hand, a snippy coach is never something to look forward to and of course nobody really tells "him to blow you and that he's lucky you don't give him a white dragon in the process."

So you've got shit coming out of your ears here, Petty. how are you going to play it?

Draft saved Draft deleted