1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pinterest

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I want an invite, IJAG!

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'll send you one! Do I even know your email? PM it to me and I'll send you one.

Also, a friend instructed me how to do the pin on FB. So all is well. :D

3. imjustagirl

OK, Pinterest freaks: How do you find things to pin? Do you just get them from other people? Or do you like go find cool decorations or pretty dresses or whatever online, and then pin them?

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Considering that most of the pinning I do is recipes, I go through food.com and allrecipes.com to find what I like.

But I'll also use the search bar on the upper left. If, for instance, you put in "quilts," you'll get every quilt entry in Pinterest. And if you then click "Boards" up top, you'll probably find entire sub-boards devoted to nothing but quilting.

5. imjustagirl

Yeah, I did the "boards" thing last night and found some cool stuff for the home and cool phrases/whatever. Also some cute clothes.

Just didn't know if it was mostly repinning, or mostly new pins.

6. jr/shotglass

I'm very conscious that if I pin something like food, I don't just link to a photo of the thing. I think it's only fair to link directly to the recipe, make the pin useful for others.

7. imjustagirl

Yeah, I found a cute jacket last night, but when I pinned it, it just opened an image. And I couldn't find the actual jacket link anywhere. So I deleted it.

8. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

I've been on foodgawker a ton since checking it out after you mentioned it. I love it. Thanks.

9. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

I'm on it. I love to cook and it has an endless supply of great recipes. So yeah, I'm on it, and I don't think that makes me a gay.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I saw the thread title and thought "Oh great, Joel Pineiro's blowing up down in Clearwater."

11. jr/shotglass

If you're a recipe-nik, I have a pretty good collection started.

http://pinterest.com/jrshooter/

12. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

IJAG, Remember way back when I asked you for that invite? I am just now getting around to using Pinterest :) And you've got a few more pins now, than in February.

Draft saved Draft deleted