1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pinterest

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

My fiancee is on it all of the time, mainly looking at idea for wedding decorations and, of course, asking me what I think about everything.

I've thought about making one, but having it strictly media-related. I guess it's worth exploring as social platform.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, if someone could invite me, my mom wants on. So if I get on, then she won't have to do the waiting list.

She's already signed up, so depending on how long it takes, I won't even need the invite. :)

3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I could invite whoever needs it. I finally got the invite by e-mail but haven't had time to even set up my own account yet.

4. imjustagirl

I signed up and forwarded an invite to my mom. I had to set up a page to get to where I could send an invite. haven't logged in since. Still had like 14 people start following me.

They'll be disappointed. :D

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I don't cook or do anything crafty, besides knit. Is there any reason for me to be on Pinterest?

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You might find some patterns on there.

http://pinterest.com/beth_phi/knitting/

I do wish all the people on there would realize that on things like crafts or recipes, we don't just want a picture of the thing. We want a how-to, or a recipe.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

My wife is obsessed with it. I've considered joining. I'm on Foodgawker, which is kinda like Pinterest but all food.

8. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Twitter.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Well played, Mauer.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Can you access it on a Kindle Fire?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Romney's campaign doesn't like Pinterest satire.

http://gawker.com/5884102/romney-campaign-hunts-down-social-media-satirist

12. imjustagirl

I signed up while I was at work, so the "bookmarklet" or whatever is on that computer. Nowhere on their site can I find the "here's how to put it in your bookmark toolbar on another computer" instructions.

This might be the least user-friendly site I've ever seen, and I'm as ADD as they come.

Draft saved Draft deleted