1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pinstripe Bowl chokes up Chris Fowler

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 29, 2013.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...but Jesse Palmer was there to save his life.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/28/espn-chris-fowler-heimlich-jesse-palmer_n_4513331.html

Edit: Yeah, this is a D_B from the Bowl thread. Whatevs.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Wonder what he choked on?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You must not have read the linked story

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Got it. First load of the story left out the tweets.

Choked on a tater once. Scary helpless feeling. Parent knocked it out of me. Tater wound up under the fridge, where it probably still is to this day.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Early in my career, I was at a NFL playoff game and we had 10+ writers there. It was ridiculous. We had this preps writer on staff, he was technically a part-timer, but he'd been at the paper 10+ years. The guy was one of those people who just creeps everyone out. He was sitting in the press box eating hot dogs like he hadn't been fed in a week. I think he ate six and then started to choke before coughing up the hot dog that landed on the plate of our columnist.

He said, "Uh, sorry..." and then got up to get three more hot dogs.

The columnist said, "If he chokes again, you're all forbidden from saving him."

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware A-Rod changed his name and became a college football studio host.

Draft saved Draft deleted