1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pinky! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TrooperBari, Jul 25, 2006.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I think so, Brain, but burlap chafes me so.

Coming out on DVD today:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Pinky and the Brain -- Best daytime cartoon ever.

I can only imagine what it would have been like in primetime.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

The Bubba-Bo-Bob-Brain episode is still my favorite.

"It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    "You have no idea...."

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think so Brain, but me and Pipi Longstocking ... what would the children be like?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think so Brain but doesn't Regis Philbin already have a co-host? (might have that line wrong, my apologies)

Are you being sarcastic or ironic? Pinky and the Brain was on for at least two years on Sunday nights on WB, so it's understandable if you missed it. Wasn't quite as good as the Animaniacs shorts.

Animaniacs was the best cartoon EVER. I used to plan my college schedule so I'd be free at 4 pm every day. The only down side was that I occassionally caught an episode of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers at 4:30. My last year, it got moved to 8 am and that was that.

The funniest one I ever saw was when the gang went to Woodstock and got stumped trying to figure out who followed The Who.

I will definitely ask for this for my birthday or Xmas.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I need to make Lugnuts my secret Santa pal and send her a copy so that she can finally see the "Wheel of Morality" bit and stop thinking of me as a mouth-breathing fundy even though I really am.

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I think so, but where will we find an open tattoo parlor at this time of night?

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I think so, Brain, but how will we get three flamingos into one pair of capri pants?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

"Well, I think so, Brain, but if Jimmy cracks corn, and no one cares, why does he keep doing it?"

NARF!!!!!! POIT!!!!

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Voila! The Wheel of Morality!

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

That must have been early WB, because I certainly don't remember it. I would have watched that.

Still, it was automatic TV for me when I was in college. Animaniacs were also funny, but Pinky was set with adults in mind.

Am I crazy or did I read somewhere that Cartoon Network was bring Animaniacs back? Whatever the case, Cartoon Network should bring them both back. Now.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Narrator: So they took their friend Christopher's advice and went to see Algore the Donkey, who lived on the very next page.
    Pinky: When does this scene start to animate, Brainie?
    Brain: It already has, Pinklet. The question is, when does Algore start to animate?

"I think so Brain, but if you replace the 'P' with an 'O', my name would be Oinky, wouldn't it?"

"I think so, Brain, but if we get Sam Spade, we'll never have any puppies."

"Um, I think so, Brainie, but why would anyone want to Pierce Brosnan?"

Draft saved Draft deleted