1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pinkel arrested for DUI

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pancamo, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

True. His timing is impeccable. :D

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If Pinkel is getting tanked up now when they just beat a top 15 school (Texas), what the hell is going to do next year when the likes of Auburn, Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Florida, and Arkansas beat the shit out of them?

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This is why Missouri is a bad fit for the SEC. Real football coaches have their own drivers.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I do wonder if this is the kind of thing the cop would have let go three weeks ago, but now ain't no way is anyone going to get caught doing a cover-up.

5. Steak Snabler

Good point.

6. spurtswriter

spurtswriter Member

Dude makes $2 million a year and he can't call a cab?

7. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

That's hilarious.

What are the consequences? When players have gotten popped for DUI during the season, Pinkel has given them a 2-game suspension. He's got to get at least that much for himself, doesn't he?

If he doesn't sit out 2 games, and lose 2 games worth of pay, I'd think it would be tough for him to stand up in front of the team and talk about following the rules and consequences for your actions.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Clear proof Missouri is not a national power.

If this were Norman or Tuscaloosa, the cops let him off with a "Win on Saturday", and this never hits the press.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Very true.

10. Steak Snabler

Or former Louisiana governor Edwin Edwards, who coined the line YF quoted.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Bingo, bango, bongo.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Had the coach I cover mention this to me today. No way if you're making seven figures that you don't have someone drive you around if you're drinking.

Draft saved Draft deleted