1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Piniella--Four game suspension.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Jun 4, 2007.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

He probably asked for ten, and they're punishing him with only four.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2891897

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Considering the Cubs won easily when Lou was suspended for Sunday's game, maybe this will jump-start the season for the team. Probably not, but you never know. Apparently the veterans are getting tired of the criticism from Lou in press conferences.

3. ogre

ogre Member

One of the best meltdowns ever. Well worth four games. Nobody kicks a hat like Lou. The best part was that the play wasnt even close. Pagan was so completely out. Glad I was sitting on the third base side for that and had a good view.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

He should be arrested for inciting a riot.

5. ogre

ogre Member

A riot? No. Mass littering? Yes.

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Watched the whole thing several times and NEVER saw him make contact with anything but his hat. But that hat was asking for it.

7. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

I think I had the over and the under on this one; seems about right.

Hmmm, so the veteran Cubbies don't like the bright light of Lou's critiques. Maybe it's time for Mike Hargrove in Wrigley; he never criticizes a veteran, and it's close to his home in Cleveland. If the Cubs can only pry him loose from the M's...

8. If some of those veterans knew how to play the game maybe they wouldn't seem so sensitive. Base running in particular has been atrocious.

I'm close to disavowing all knowledge of the season, much as I did last year.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Those wussies are just used to Dusty taking it so easy on them all the time.

Accountability, dipshits. Have some. Don't want your coach to yell at you? Play better. Quit being morons.

By the way, Sweet Lou got four games. Wellman got three.

10. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Wellman got three from the Braves organization. I don't believe the league authorities have spoken yet. But I'm ready to be corrected.

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

And the one who actually intitiated contact — the umpire — was not suspended.

I'm not saying Lou didn't deserve a suspension. That's not my call. But I didn't see him intentionally make contact with an umpire.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Wonder how Wellman explained what he was thinking during the part where he throws the "grenade"

Draft saved Draft deleted