1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

piling on whitlock

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by henryhenry, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

This isn't news. Everybody knows Jason is a tempermental has-been incapable of getting along with colleagues. For some reason, he thinks he's a rock star aligned with Mike Royko.

The difference is, Mike Royko was respected - even though he was a drunk/blowhard. Jason is loathed - and an embittered buffoon; nowdays penning attacks on Black celebrities for relevance.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Did that spell-checker work out for you, sportsbruh? Which words troubled you?

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Whitlock is a has-been already? Already!?!?! Wow! Does this mean it's all downhill already for me too? Should I hit my 10-year hs reunion next summer, since it may be the only time I have something to talk about?

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

JW, I wrote a long piece today on this site dissecting Jemele's new Page 2 column, which you would have appreciated, if not agreed with. Unfortunately, the thread was deleted while I was posting my reply and I didn't save what I wrote.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

BTW, how does this constitute "piling on?" It's a discussion of a valid issue by someone who's relevant.

6. I enjoyed the read, but I thought Ryan came off as arrogant as hell. I think that was the most self-serving interview on that site.
    Part I was nothing more than "me,me me, me, I, I, I, me, me, I ....(breathe) .... Me, me, me, me."
    I got it: You think you're pretty F'n smart and a damn good columnist!
    But it was very interesting and I ate up every word.
    The funny thing is, having met Bob Ryan and had a beer or two with him, I found him to be a nice, engaging fellow.
    Not at all what I expected from a Boston writer.
    I once called the Globe sports office to get some info and the folks I talked to were the curt-est fucksticks I've ever dealt with.

Re edit: Note to self: Do not post between the hours of 11 p.m. and 6 a.m.
    Your grammer and sentence syntax sucks.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hey, i met kurt and we had a coupla beers after he extended an olive branch to a young tom petty at a press conference. cut him a break.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

lol, Ryan is already talking about Kornheiser's time on MNF in the past tense.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He will, indeed, sleep better tonight

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and that's exactly why i'm here slappy. i live to make others feel better about themselves.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

12. I loved this line:

"And I have to mention – because he's such a punching bag – Lupica (NY Daily News). People are so insanely jealous of him they don't realize that to get where he is he's done the work. He can be very good when he puts his mind to it."

Yeah, and he puts his mind to it, what, twice a year?

Loopey may have been very good back in the day, but he's been coasting on his reputation for about a decade now. No one mails it in more than him. Maybe that's why he felt so threatened by Kriegel?

Draft saved Draft deleted