1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Piggyback Bandit spotted in North Dakota

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Here's an...odd story. Some 28-year-old chubby dude - who is already banned from high school sporting events in several states - has been seen in the Fargo-Moorhead area and people are searching for him. He goes around jumping on the backs of athletes, asking for piggybacks. Last week he was in Bismarck hopping on the backs of three students.

On Wednesday, at a college game, he was handing out water to players, until someone recognized him.

What?

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/350320/group/Sports/

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I knew doodah was interested in moving to North Dakota for work, but didn't think he'd move there that fast.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sounds like a perfect sports stringer. Determined, demented and probably would work cheap.

4. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

"Man, I just gave your mama a piggy back ride and she weighs TWICE as much as I do!"

[​IMG]

5. Weird story or weirdest story?

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Reports out of Minnesota the guy has been spotted there. He's already been banned from high school events in the state. Wisconsin -- he's on his way to you. If he isn't there already.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

He's like a fat, slow-moving snowstorm making his way East. I expect him to crash the NYC city title game in early March.

8. And that's where his reign will end, likely in a quick yet violent fashion, as the people in NYC don't take kindly to someone jumping on their backs.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Banned in North Dakota.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/350418/

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Anyone notice the hugely libelous oops at the bottom of that story? They switched the piggy-back bandit's name with the local school's activities director.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And there is a fetish for everything. This proves it.

Draft saved Draft deleted