1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pierced ears help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Oct 28, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yes, I know, I'm roughly 30 years late...

I got my ears pierced today. Got them done when I was 10, but they got infected, I let them close up, and never really thought about it again until a few months ago. Today, I did it.

Got it done at the mall on my way to work. Ears tingled for a while, but all was well. Got home, and got my cleaning solution to clean them. Pushed the right one forward to clean the front of my ear...and it popped out into the sink. At some point the backing apparently fell off.

They're not supposed to leave my ears for six weeks. So I wiped it off with the cleaning solution, put it back in and taped it in place.

Will that hold until I can get back to the store tomorrow? Am I better off just taking it out and having them re-pierce the same spot? Any suggestions? Anyone?

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

No, don't take it out. It won't close overnight for them to re-pierce it tomorrow. You're better off keeping the earring in.

Do you have an eraser-tipped pencil handy? Cut off the eraser and use that as your earring back until you can go back to the store tomorrow. They should have given you special "piercing earrings" with backs that are more difficult to take off than normal earrings.

If you don't have a pencil use some clay or play-doh or something like that.

3. imjustagirl

Do you know me at all?? :D

I have no clay, no play-doh, no pencils. Hell, I don't even have any chewing gum I could try to use. Tape is a bad idea?

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

No, tape isn't a bad idea, as long as it sticks and the pointy end of the earring doesn't dig into the back of your head.

But you're better leaving it in than taking it out, and even if you take it out it won't close up overnight.

That's a permanent hole they put in your head, babe. :)

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

What Cadet said. You'll be fine, don't panic.

6. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

This is among the thousands of reasons I'm glad I'm a guy — fat, dumb and happy. ;-)

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Wanna grab some metal pots, put them on our heads and run into each head first?

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Thank goodness it was your ear.

9. SixToe

SixToe Active Member

What kind of tape?

Duct? Scotch? Masking? Electrical?

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

What other piercings do you have, IJAG?

11. Scouter

Scouter Member

She has a special one for Ryan Howard.

12. imjustagirl

SHUT UP!

If it took me 32 years to get my ears pierced, what in the world makes you think I'm piercing anything else? That's it. These two. That's it.

And I now have a backing on.

It was packing tape, BTW. It's all I had. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted