1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pierce gets a blog

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Small Town Guy, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

This should be entertaining.

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/pierce/

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Bookmark.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Already done.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I have a mancrush on his writing.

5. Paper Guy

Paper Guy Member

Wow...clicked on the link and read the first paragraph of Just Shut Up...that's pretty good stuff

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Chuck's Facebook posts are better than this. But I guess I should just shut up and genuflect.

And people wonder why New Yorkers laugh at Bostonians.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Only read the latest entry, but it was one of those things I read shaking my head yes. Cooperstown is a silly place and the reason for having the HOF there is even sillier. Journalists shouldn't be deciding who gets in. What happened to Buck O'Neil was shameful and there should have never been any question of Marvin Miller getting in -- he should be able to write his own ticket. And no one can really ever a perfectly reasonable answer for why Bert Blyleven does or does not belong in the Hall of Fame (although when I hear peers talk about "best curveball ever" that is my very subjective litmus test for why I say just let the guy in). All in all, that small blog entry summed up every thought I have about the Hall of Fame. Now I don't have to think again today!

8. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Oh my. Fantastic stuff. There is little work being done at my desk at the moment.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

That blog is "making the sun spin."

10. ringer

ringer Active Member

Feh
    Unimpressed

11. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

The title of this thread and the "boston.com" link made me think that Celtics swingman Paul Pierce was writing a blog.

Disappointed now. :p

12. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Geez, Mr. Pierce, tell us what you really think, and don't hold back.

For the purpose of discussing his new blog, maybe we could get him to make a guest appearance here at sj someday... Like Kindred, Whitlock, Doyel, Gitlin sometimes do...

I'd love to discuss politics with him, if that's his thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted