1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pics of Bush from AFA graduation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, May 29, 2008.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I would love to have witnessed the changes in his facial expression had some women shouted, "You bastard, my son died in your piece of shit war" as she kneed him in the nuts.

2. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

The "consequences" of...what, exactly? Responding in a good-natured way to a kid's request for a chest bump?

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Sure glad he didn't play golf to show his respect at a time of war. It would have been unseemly.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I was making an allusion to his presidency, obviously. Like I said, it's not a big deal, but at this point, he's lost the benefit of the doubt with me.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

That's the way I feel. My mom has met him a couple of times since he's been president and said he seemed like a decent, likable guy -- even though she disagrees with most of what he's done in office.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Exactly. These people graduate and they don't even have the pleasure of working for a shitty newspaper like we do. They get to go to War. I see no problem with them taking the opportunity to have a little fun with the President. A once in a lifetime thing.

Those graduates will remember it for the rest of their lives.

7. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

But how is the AFA graduation "emblematic" of anything?

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Spinning, you're the dumb, humorless version of Fenian.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I echo that sentiment. I bet I'd love to have a beer with the guy, but that sure as hell doesn't mean I think he should be president. Unfortunately, too many people voted that way.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

It's more about perception, and understanding how people will view your behaviors as the leader of the country--from any number of perspectives. And about having the sense to know when not to go over the line. W doesn't have those skills in his repertoire.

It's almost as if he doesn't care anymore--he's a beaten man, the clock is ticking down, and it's like, 'I'll fuckin' do what I damn well please.'

And the dude-in-chief sure has aged over the past eight years as you compare pictures on this page. They all do; but it really seems even more drastic with W.

11. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I'm dumb because I want serious, smart people to be steering the ship in serious times?

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

But given that you're not a Bush fan, isn't your perception about him pretty much locked in before this photo comes out (and that it's linked from the Huffington Post also indicative)?

Draft saved Draft deleted