1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pics of Bush from AFA graduation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, May 29, 2008.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Didn't seem to be an issue with Clinton playing sax on Arsenio Hall or talking about his drawers on MTV.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Yes, they all do silly stuff when they're campaigning. You sort of hope they tighten up once they get the job, however.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm with you. Big deal. He's showing a little life. I swear, some of you really are living up to the snarky portrayal the conservatives have of you.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Why would the requirement for acting presidential be lower for someone running for that office? And Clinton and Reagan did corny things while in office too (not H.W. Bush, but he was kind of a tight ass anyway)

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I've said this before, and this only confirms it: I think Bush would be a lot of fun to have as an uncle. Or a father-in-law. I do, in general, think he's a decent guy.

But President of the United States? Oye.

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

It's not really a big deal, but at this point, it seems sort of emblematic of his presidency. Be a cowboy and don't worry about the consequences.

7. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Didn't think I would be here, but yeah. Count me among the BFD folks.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I wonder if the president told the Air Force guy, "this is what it feels like when you take a bullet in the chest next year in Iraq" then gave him a hearty chest bump.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, bunch of candy-asses in the academies.

::)

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Granted.

But can you begin to even fathom how stressful that job can be?

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Uhmmm...Sorry. I don't buy that. For many people here, it doesn't matter what he does, he's going to lose, one way or another. And believe me, I don't like Bush at all.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Look, I'm not saying that this is a big deal to me. But I can see the point of those who think this is unseemly for a Commander-in-Chief at a service academy commencement on the week after Memorial Day. Especially while we've been at war for almost seven years.

And the difference between this and some candidate eating a sloppy meatball hero at the festival of San Gennaro and mugging for the cameras is that one of them is already the president.

Although here he looks more like the DKE rush chairman.

Draft saved Draft deleted