1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pics of Bush from AFA graduation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spinning27, May 29, 2008.

1. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Good lord.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Leader of the Free World!

Got a problem with that?

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, he looks like a dumbass, but at the same time it's kind of cool to see him joking around with the grads.

Well, maybe not. He is the leader of the free world after all.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yeah, you think?

Not bustin' you, but the point's there, to be made.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

He can't win, so why bother trying?

If I were him, I would be so far past the "fuck it" stage at this point.

10. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

It's good to know things are all fun and games in the military once again. I'm sure the troops -- the ones who are really fighting, I mean, not the desk-jockeys and fly boys who graduate from AFA -- appreciate it.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The next guy's going to look like Bill Parcells following Ray Handley, when you consider to what degree the bar's been lowered, re: public persona.

Go ahead, ignore it. Laugh at it. The rest of the world isn't.

12. By HOLLY YAN / The Dallas Morning News

When the moment finally came to meet the most powerful man in the United States, Theodore Shiveley had just two words for him: "Chest bump."

As the Richardson 22-year-old's class of Air Force Academy graduates streamed across a stage, many asked President Bush to do something unusual for them.

Some stashed pens in their socks so he could sign their hats. One even called his parents and asked the president to say hello on a cellphone.

Lt. Shiveley opened his arms and got the president to engage in a hearty chest bump with him.

"Hey, it's a once-in-a-lifetime chance," said the newly minted second lieutenant, who graduated from Plano East High School. "It was there during the ceremony when we saw other people doing stuff, and I thought, 'Well, let's one-up everybody.' "

As the president and the new graduate saluted each other a few feet apart, "I just hit my chest and said, 'Chest bump,' " Lt. Shiveley said. "And I gave him a little body language so he knew what I was about to do, so I didn't knock the president on his rear."

Lt. Shiveley admitted he had some reservations about smacking into the commander-in-chief.

"I didn't want to get shot by the Secret Service for jumping the president," he said.

"And then I thought, 'Ah, what the hell.' "

http://www.khou.com/news/state/stories/khou080529_ac_chestbump.3e1b051e.html

Draft saved Draft deleted