1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Picky eaters?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Nov 18, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah, I don't get to Cracker Barrel very often, but when I do, the Y&K games are always promintently displayed by the registers. Instantly takes me back to long car rides as a kid...and the memory of falling asleep and leaving the pen uncapped, which always dried it out and made it impossible to play the games.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ditto, ditto, ditto. Those books always got me through car rides.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

BYH, you're an Ig-nor-a-moose. :D

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I try as hard as the other diners!

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Just a glance at me, and you'll know I'm no picky eater. However, there are several things I won't eat. My mother is a terrible cook, so I grew up on a steady diet of hamburger/tuna helper type stuff. Sloppy Joe's, etc. Thus, we don't eat that stuff here.

Raw onions are also a no go. Cooked? Great. I can eat 'em all day. But raw, like on a hamburger, I just can't do.

And I like my ham sandwiches a certain way:

With cheese: no tomato.

Without cheese: with either tomato and lettuce or ketchup, not both.

I also pretty much despise canned vegetables.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I guess my habit at fast food places would freak most of you out.
    I'll have a bite of hamburger, then grab a few fries, another bite of the burger, then eat a few more fries. I could never imagine eating just the burger and then just the fries (or visa-versa). Burger and fries were meant to be eaten together.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Just as a quick addendum to my previous post, fish, when prepared the right way (by me) is damn good. One thing my dad taught me was how to cook some seafood.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm also pretty picky about the restaurants at which I eat. I almost completely refuse to eat at a chain restaurant, TGIF, Applebee's, Chili's, Red Lobster, Outback, etc.

If it ain't a local joint, we just about don't go.

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Nice TBF, I love going to the little mom and pop joints. The food is almost always better.

10. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Nephew PD, who's 11 or 12, eats only three dishes:

1. Hot dogs (ketchup only)
    2. Bacon & waffles
    3. Chicken and dumplings, which is odd since I suspect eating a slimy dumpling is similar to swallowing a thick wad of snot.

He eats saltine crackers with milk at school for lunch. Yet the kid plays middle school football and baseball and rides 4-wheelers like he's Evel Kneivel.

My only food quirk is how sandwiches are prepared. Meat has to touch at least one slice of bread and a condiment CAN NOT touch cheese at all. Otherwise, I won't touch it.

11. The Granny

The Granny Guest

You need to have some speaks with the kid about the ketchup on hot dogs.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Mmmmmmm ketchup on hot dogs. SUCK IT PALLISTER!

Any way, re: the Cracker Barrel, it was the only place I could ever find the boxes of rock candy, which I adore. Yes, I eat cotton candy, pixy stix and rock candy. If I could mainline pure sugar, I would.

Draft saved Draft deleted