1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Picky eaters?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

From my quick galnce at this thread, I seem to be worse than any of you. My wife has adjusted as did my Mom before her, I can make anything I eat, and it's only embarrassing sometimes at work, or when we eat at other families.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Share it.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I was very picky as a kid, have grown out of some of it but not all of it. Don't do pastas or soup, as random as that probably sounds.

I can relate to going to someone's house and leaving hungry. Another family had us over last month and the hosts made egg frittata. I took one bite and almost lost it. Played the push-it-around-the-plate game for the rest of the meal, then gave my wife an earful on the way home since it was her friend :D Then we stopped at Wendy's.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I won't eat legumes.
    I won't eat anything yellow or blue, or anything that comes in yellow or blue packaging.
    I won't eat anything that contains high fructose corn syrup.
    I won't eat things that have been freeze dried or vaccuum packed.
    I don't eat produce harvested between Dec. 5 and Jan. 28.
    I eat mammals, fish, birds and some reptiles, but I will not eat amphibians, except frogs.
    I don't like fresh strawberries and prefer not to eat peaches or other fruits with hair on them.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That's weird...

And yet, we have a new winner...

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

For a sack of crap, Sonner, you're OK. :D

I'm pretty sure I could give Waylon, IJAG, Mizzou, Guy, et al, a good run in the picky dep't. My diet, such as it is, is pretty much limited to mainstream meats (beef/chicken/veal/pork), pasta, deli ham. I don't mind fish sticks, but I hate fresh fish and I think sushi is the grossest fucking thing on the planet. I HATE almost all vegetables. Absolutely despise them. I can stomach corn (corn on the cob in particular) and, well, that's about it. I'll only eat potatoes if they're french fries.

I'd take a bullet for my parents, but I think forcing me to stay at the dinner table and punishing me if I didn't eat my veggies turned me off that crap forever.

Now that, as Waylon notes, we're at the age where the metabolism slows down and better eating habits become key, my wife is trying to get me to eat more veggies. She tries hard, I give her that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You people are all fucking freaks.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Stop it Zeke. People have been banned for less.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Try the veggies on pizza first. If you like them on pizza, you'll like them off pizza.
    Hence my dislike for mushrooms - I don't like them on or off pizza.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Even me? :D

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I find this thread enormously comforting.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Good on you. That's not being picky, that's being healthy. I'm nowhere near that yet, but I have cut out the stuff in my drinks.

Draft saved Draft deleted