1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Picky eaters?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I was right!

This board is inhabited by three-year-olds.

2. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I'm a no mayo, no onion, no tomato type with my burgers. Can I still sit with the cool kids? ???

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Friend of ours stilll can't have the meat touch the potatoes or either one touch the veggies... at 40.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I can appreciate that. I like ketchup and mustard on my burger. It's not a taste thing, but the other stuff just gets in the way.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I will not eat asparagus or squash. Just tastes disgusting. Spinach needs to be fresh, or cooked from fresh, and not boiled. Don't even get me started on canned spinach. Cauliflower is just disgustingly weird (even though I like broccoli). I like most vegetables, but those are not on my preferred list.

Meats? Please keep the liver away from the dinner table. There's a place for it, but not as part of a meal. Oysters and clams ... disgusting. Sushi is nasty.

I'm a damn good cook, but there are things I will not consume even to be polite.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm as picky as the day is long, especially when it comes to vegetables and fruits. It's a shorter list to say what produce I will eat.

I don't do fish or veal, but any other kind of meat is fair game.

I'm not particularly bothered by the meat and the potatoes touching each other, but I will eat one portion at a time. I'll either do the potatoes first, then the meat, or vice versa. Veggies always go last.

And I agree with Ryan - ketchup and mustard only on the burgers (and on the hot dogs), nothing else.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Liver's not a meat.. it's a thing...

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes, big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer, good gosh almighty which way do I steer for my ... Cheeseburger in paradise, medium rare with mustard be nice, heaven on earth with an onion slice, I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise. :D

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I do this. Even if I get fast food...fries first, then burger. Never a bite of each.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I used to do the one-portion-at-a-time roundabout on my plate when I was a kid, but mostly that's because my mom would always make one side that I didn't like (usually the vegetable, unless it was corn or green beans).

Now, I cook for myself -- which means I like everything on the plate, since I only make good stuff. And consequently, I've cured myself of that habit. :D

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I always eat fries first, too, but only because there's nothing worse than cold french fries (unless it's cold eggs.) So I eat 'em first, while they're hot.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Um ... so I guess mixing mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and turkey together is a no no?

Draft saved Draft deleted