1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Picky eaters?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Nov 18, 2008.

1. OK, I am an adult picky eater. It's frustrating. I've been this way since I was a child. I order my cheeseburgers plain, for example, even at places like McDonald's. I cringe when I find out someone will be preparing dinner for me somewhere, because I know that there's a good chance that I won't want to put anything into my mouth.

Anything that has a big mixture of vegetables or wet stuff? Forget about it.

Anyone else? Any success stories? Or just empathy?

This was one thing when I was 18 or 21. It's quite another a few years later when one's metabolism slows down and you realize that long-term health isn't a given.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My god, Waylon, I think you're my new best friend.

I don't eat onions. I don't eat any warm fruit. I don't eat weird textures (slimy, especially, so chinese is out). I don't like most cooked veggies, or uncooked veggies for that matter. I don't like ham or pork. I don't eat nuts in anything, and I only eat peanuts outside of anything.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Wow, can I ever relate to this thread. Picky to the point it that it can be embarassing

4. Yep. Sounds oh-so-familiar.

And people get so mystified and amused by it. Like, "Just try it!!!!" Like it's that easy.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I won't eat any cooked vegetables unless it's corn or if it's in soup. I won't touch tomatoes or mushrooms under any circumstances. The smell of broccoli or cauliflour is enough to make me hurl.

French fries and tator tots are the only version of a potato that I will eat.

On the flip side, I will eat any kind of sushi, I eat steak tartar and when I order tuna or salmon, I like it barely cooked.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Maybe you're just dorks?

7. imjustagirl

Oh, I don't eat fish, I don't eat anything mixed together (no stir fry, no meatloaf, no anything like that). I don't like my food mixing on my plate (I'll put corn in a separate bowl to keep it from soggying up the rest of my plate).

I'm with you 100 percent, Waylon.

8. Yep. Separated at birth.

9. imjustagirl

Let's go together to eat plain burgers and fries with ketchup on a separate plate. :D

10. Have you ever tried to fix your issues?

11. imjustagirl

Fix? No. I've tried some new food, but if I don't like it, I don't make myself eat it. And I've learned my palate just doesn't like a mixture of flavors at once.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Good lord.

What DO you eat, IJAG?

Draft saved Draft deleted