1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Picking Springfield

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Jul 8, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Picking one of the 14 Springfields to host the Simpson's movie is difficult but one state that isn't represented and should be is Pennsylvania. Did you know that Pennsylvania has nine towns called Springfield, three of them are close to Philadelphia? And one of those, in Delaware County, has a place called Moe's Grille where the motto is "When there's no place else to go!"
    Can the other Springfield's come close to really having a place as "the
    official" Springfield?

2. markvid

markvid Guest

I always thought of it as Indiana, since they are rivals to Shelbyville

:)

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I live 30 miles north of Springfield, Vermont. We're in 3rd place right now.

4. boots

boots New Member

Pennsylvania should be the state. No question there. As for Springfield, it's hard to pick another Springfield in another state.

5. Songbird

IIRC, there's a Springfield in all 50 states.

6. boots

boots New Member

That may very well be but it's tough to top the Keystone State with its number.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

I guarantee you it ain't Springfield, NJ.

8. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I thought it wasn't Pa, because in a Treehouse of Horror episode they go to Mr. Burns' vacation home in "Pennsylvania." I figured it was Ohio.

9. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I've always thought it actually was Vermont. There is one episode where they show a map of the state and it's shaped like Vermont. They're also relatively close to the coast, at least close enough to have driven there and to be taken out to the ocean by way of a river.

10. boots

boots New Member

I hope not. Springfield should have been added to my list of best towns for an A&* kicking. They do EXCELLENT work there.

11. Songbird

We do have a nuclear power plant, too, in Vernon, just over the Mass border. I'm glad I live 70 miles north of it.

12. Boognish

Boognish Member

I'm pretty sure there was an episode five or six years ago that during a "Behind the Music" spoof called "Behind the Laughter" revealed Kentucky as the home of the Simpsons' Springfield.

Draft saved Draft deleted