1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pick the nl champ

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Oct 1, 2007.

?

i'll even include the playoff to get to the playoffs; Who goes to the World Series?

1. Cubs

15 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Phils

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Dbacks

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Rockies

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  5. Padres

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

True, but half the Mets' losses during the collapse came against the Phillies.

So there is something to be said for Manuel's team killing them as opposed to just walking over their corpse.

That being said, I still would put Manuel no better than third in MOY award.

2. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Rockies ... why not pick the most unlikely possibility? Besides, remember last year when the Cardinals looked like they didn't have a chance and won the Series. It could happen again. (Besides, Clint Hurdle is a good guy).

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Sure looks like it.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The AL teams' offenses would bludgeon the NL. When the Rockies kept running out shitty pitcher after shitty pitcher the other night and that poor San Diego offense couldn't score it was almost annoying to watch.
    Getting shut down by the likes of LaTroy Hawkins, Ramon Ortiz, Jorge Julio, and three guys I've never heard of is embarrassing.

Though I also understand because of double switches and whatnot, you don't necessarily have your A+ lineups still in the game in the 14th, but still.

I think the difference in the AL this year is there is better pitching than year's past. Yeah, the Yankees pitching is sketchy, but Boston, Cleveland and Anaheim all have strong 1-2 punches that are a lot better than their NL counterparts.

Oh, and Dangerous K, buckweaver is an NL fan in case you didn't know.

Draft saved Draft deleted