1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pick the nl champ

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Oct 1, 2007.

?

i'll even include the playoff to get to the playoffs; Who goes to the World Series?

1. Cubs

15 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Phils

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Dbacks

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Rockies

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  5. Padres

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  1. What about Tony LaRussa?

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Cubs, as noted elsewhere. If/when they win Wednesday, its a walk to the league championship round . . . and Cub pitching is clearly better than Philly's.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If anyone beats out Melvin, it's Hurdle. I don't see anyone else anywhere close. A distant third is probably Acta, especially with what he did with a team that wasn't picked to win more than 42 games.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

But Sweet Lou's team spent $250 million this past offseason. I would vote for Hurdle.

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Wow, the NL really stinks.

6. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

No.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Which NL team is better than any of the AL playoff teams? Detroit would be the NL favorite.

8. Dangerous_K

I would imagine the Rockies might be able to stake a claim, considering they beat both the Red Sox and Yankees.

9. Dangerous_K

What? The Rockies won season series with both the Red Sox and Yankees, the former on the road and the latter a sweep.

10. Dangerous_K

So you can definitively say the NL stinks, yet can't bring one of those teams winning head-to-head into the conversation?

11. Dangerous_K

Just want to say I'm not saying winning one season series makes the Rockies definitively better, but to imply the AL is just going to steamroll through the World Series? Every team in this year's playoffs has its strength and weaknesses. There's no one team (or four, as Guy says) that's THAT much better than the rest.

12. Dangerous_K

I see what you mean, but really I haven't seen anything from the AL teams that makes me think they are THAT much better than the NL teams. The Indians lost every game they played against New York, and NY has questionable pitching. The Angels were owned by the Red Sox, and the Red Sox played horrible down the stretch. In terms of talent, yeah, those four have more. I don't know, I'm kinda posting in circles.

Draft saved Draft deleted