1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Piano Man: Should I go?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Oct 3, 2007.

?

I have the opportunity to buy REALLY good seats for Billy Joel in concert. Should I go?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. Scalp 'em

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

The super secret cool dude presale goes live in 17 minutes. I think I'll grab 8 tickets and sell 4 as a scalper and offer two others to another couple for face value for a date night with some friends.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

But you're not buying coke and snorting it off your kid.
    Go, have fun.

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

If I had tits, I'd soooo be that woman. Hook Jr. up to the teet, line up the blow on his softspot and break out the silly straw.

edit: fixed wrong word usage

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Or give her what she deserves, a 45-minute beating over the head with a baseball bat.

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I concur with the others. If you've never seen him, then do it. It might be your last chance. I've seen him four or five times and he always puts on a great show. He knows how to play to an audience.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

For those who are so inclined, his 4-CD set of greatest hits includes a live set from a discussion group in Philly. That one is worth the cost alone.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Just found the best two seats were on Row 12 in the far corner from the stage. I'll pass on spending $200-plus for these tickets.

I like going to concerts, plays, the ballet, etc., but I rarely think anything is worth $250 bucks for a couple of hours entertainment.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Lower bowl now sold out. Oh well, I'll survive without seeing this concert but it would have been fun.

The good news, I guess, is that one of my splurges lately got me front row tickets to Cirque de Solei (sp) in San Fran during the Christmas break for a getaway gift to my wife.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I just saw him last year with great seats. Go. He still puts on a good show, if you like his music you'll enjoy the show.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Go. I had tickets to go back in '94, then my date cancelled on me. I was so disappointed (picture Marisa Tomei with red hair...no wonder she cancelled on me) that I didn't want to go. Ended up giving the tickets to my mother and her best friend, who were bigger fans of his than I am.

Always regretted that.

Nevermind...just saw Idaho's post..not that he's listening to me anyway.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My sister has seen him four times, and she said every show is better than the last. Absolutely, you should go.

12. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Not being snarky, but what's "a live set from a discussion group in Philly"? Not familiar with the term.

Draft saved Draft deleted