1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

physical therapy sucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by txsportsscribe, Aug 7, 2009.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

just got through with my first session with the physical terrorist and i officially hurt. the return stay in the hospital to fight off the infection obviously set me back and the insurance company's delays certainly haven't helped. you'd think they would ok the therapy/rehab at the same time they ok'd the surgery because i'm guessing not too many total knee replacement patients get by with no physical therapy following release from the hospital.

liberty mutual sucks big ones!!!!!!!! they suck, suck, suck, suck, suck!!!!!!!

ok, i feel better after venting a little.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Oh dear lord, that is awful.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

They aren't paying for PT? Shit man. Get new insurance.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Dude, please make that a link. That caught me off-guard.

6. txsportsscribe

it's worker's comp insurance. and i went to pt to today for evaluation before liberty mutual will agree that it's needed. you'd think they would've already ok'd the pt but the surgery was july 23 and they still haven't given approval so i'm stuck doing a few exercises at home as my therapy.

and the doc wanted me to go to a rehab facility after 3 days in hospital but liberty mutual denied it, saying it wasn't medically necessary. of course then i got the infection and they'll probably refuse to pay for the extra 3 days back in the hospital.

i've had to fight with liberty mutual every step of the way and it really gets old. seems to me that delaying therapy is only going to make it worse on me.

7. txsportsscribe

and buck, fucking ouch!!!

8. tool_shed32

tool_shed32 Member

my poor, poor former boss . . .

9. txsportsscribe

yeah, i'll do a screen grab of this and send it next time you need a reference, douche. by the way, the new play-by-play guy has zero experience? train wreck approaching.

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I understand both of your pains.
    I started PT with my car accident and it actually made my back worse, which in part led me me needing surgery to fix the bulging disc I had.
    The insurance pain I also understand, as I needed a back brace but was quick to discover that I was not covered in my state for any kind of medical equipment and if I needed it I would have had to drive 5 hours to the state north of me to get coverage.
    Thank you bosses for cutting that corner, it has really helped!

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Yeah, Buck, I've seen that upclose and personal. Like my right knee.

I still think the physical therapy I went on my knee was nowhere near as bad as when I screwed up my shoulder. Because, apparently, when you are forced to do 1,000 pushups in the span of 45 minutes, the muscles in your shoulder decide to go on strike. I literally had no lateral movement in my left arm for weeks.

The one thing I will say is it does get better. The first sessions suck but slowly, you'll start to realize you can do more and it's easier as time goes on. Hang in there. (Thankfully, one of my physical therapies was free and the other I went through the health center on my college's campus and between that and my insurance, it was relatively cheap. I hope all your insurance things work out.)

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

One other thing about PT, you will likely develop a massive appetite that doesn't go away when the sessions end. Try to transition to an exercise program, or be prepared to go jeans shopping.

Draft saved Draft deleted